Wednesday, October 27, 2010

How are you?

We all do it. I do it too. Use 'how are you?' as a greeting. Which is fine usually; we're all used to it. But in some cases, like this, it's not necessarily the right thing to say. I don't mind; I'm not annoyed or put out by it. But mostly I either don't want to answer completely or you don't really want to know.

Or, maybe you do want to know. Which is why I'm starting this blog. When I feel like it, I will write about how I'm doing and maybe, if I can figure it out, how I'm putting the pieces back together.

I will not use my Facebook status for this process. I think a lot of people use Facebook for insignificant, annoying reasons other than what it is good for. I don't care if you had tacos for dinner and I really don't need to see pictures of said tacos.

How am I?
I am in the eye of a storm. A devistaing and damaging storm. I stay in the eye as much as possilbe where it's nice and calm. The real world is out there, on the other side of the storm. I stick my toe in here and there. The flying debris stings and pain shoots up my foot and through to the top of my head. That is all I know about how I am doing. I don't know what will happen to the storm; if I will get sucked in. If it will calm down. If I will make it through to the real world...but I will let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Chris. I sent a message on Facebook and then found your blog. I think we knew each other as kids. Anyway, I wanted you to know that I know exactly how you see the world right now, and I will tell you it gets better. I have been there and made it through the eye of the storm to calm waters on the other side. It has taken several years but I assure you each day the pain is just a bit less, however the feelings will sneak up on you and whack you up side the head at the most odd moments. Its a look from your son, or the hint of scent that drifts to you, and the pain, but also the love will drift thru you and for a moment all is horrible but then there is the calm that at that particular moment your wife (for me my husband) is with you always and you can take a small comfort in that. Just remember the sympathetic head tilt that comes with the "How are you doing" will stop and you will be able to answer, "I am OK".

    ReplyDelete